Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Inspiring Quotes from Books

So last Tuesday I missed out on Teaser Tuesdays because I was still reading the same (very long!) book as the previous Tuesday, so I had no new teasers to share. This week I find myself in the same situation (I'm not kidding, this book is loooong) so I thought I'd try out a different ongoing book feature on those weeks that I'm still reading the same book: Top Ten Tuesday!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they share a new Top Ten list for bloggers everywhere to answer. If you want to join in or check out some other lists, drop by The Broke and The Bookish. Today's theme is...

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

1. From F. Scott Fitzgerald's great classic, The Great Gatsby:

2. From Vladimir Nabokov's controversial Lolita:

3. From Christopher Paolini's Eragon:

4. From John Green's newly popular The Fault in Our Stars:

5. From Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince:

6. From Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower:


7. From Sarah Dessen's The Truth About Forever:

"Some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is."

8. From Veronica Roth's Divergent:

9. From Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave:

"That's what you do when the curtain is falling--you give the line that the audience wants to hear."

10. From Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone:


These are only a few of the good quotes I've come across in my recent reading, not necessarily my all-time favorite quotes. I love seeing book quotes reproduced in image form; it enhances their already evocative imagery. If you haven't read some of the books from this list, you are missing out! What are some of your favorite quotes from books?

No comments:

Post a Comment