Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The First Post Ever, Which Will Not Be a Review, but Instead an Introduction

Hello! My name is Raine, and I'm going to review books. I'm going to review books because if there's one thing I love more than reading books, it's talking about books. Unfortunately, ever since graduating from UTSA with my degree in English, I find myself decidedly lacking in book discussion groups, seminars, and writing assignments, aka legit excuses to go on and on about fantastic books.

Despite having a formal education in all the "worthwhile" classics, my true reading passion lies with YA fantasy, though I occasionally dabble in YA contemporary fiction, adult fantasy, and adult nonfiction such as memoirs. That said, nothing electrifies me more than finding a beautifully-written YA fantasy book, something that meshes the quality writing of the classics with the imaginative stories of modern YA fantasy. One great example is Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. If that's your idea of a five-star book too, then read on! You and I are about to become reading buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment