Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday #1: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas



Here's another first for me this week: my first "Waiting On" Wednesday!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Since she's invited anyone to join in, let me share with you a book I found out about this week and immediately wanted to pre-order...

A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas

"When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin-one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.
As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin-and his world-forever." - Barnes and Noble online

Yes, I do seem to be on a bit of a fairy/faerie/faery/faerririeireiriy (however you want to spell it) kick lately, but what can I say, there's just something alluring about magic and nature twisting in the dark. Plus, Sarah J. Maas's book Throne of Glass has been on my TBR list for over a year, and if I'm caught by yet another one of her books, it must mean it's finally time to really pay attention.

Can't wait to check out other WoW finds! What's on your pre-order wish list?

6 comments:

  1. Ooohh, Throne of Glass is amazing! I'm completely addicted to the series :D I hope you love her books, Sarah J. Maas has become on of my favourite authors! Enjoy ACoTaR :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing, sounds like I've been missing out! Thanks for stopping by my post :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this! I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The May release date seems so far away now...

      Delete
  3. I got an egalley of this that I can't wait till I get to it! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete