Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays #1: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

I'm so excited to be joining in on Teaser Tuesdays, a bookish meme hosted by MizB @ A Daily Rhythm! I have to say though, I didn't realize how hard it is to find two good teaser sentences in a row, especially when you're flipping to a random page, and especially when you can't include spoilers. I got pretty lucky to open up to this tidbit:




"Growing up in Fairfold, everyone knew to stay out of the forest on full-moon nights–and, to be on the safe side, on the nights surrounding them. That was when the Alderking had his revel, and every nixie, pixie, and sprite, every hobgoblin, water hag, phooka, and tree spirit would come from near and far to dance their circle dances and feast until dawn." 

–Pg. 70 (Hardback), The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black.


What do you think? Are you teased? Will you be checking this book out of the library the day it arrives? If I didn't already have it, I think I would!

If you'd like to participate in Teaser Tuesdays too, stop by A Daily Rhythm for more info.

3 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like an interesting forest! I like your teaser, it makes me want to read more! Great pick!

    Here's My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been by your blog before! Love the name, it really caught my imagination :)

      AND your teaser book is about librarians too, which automatically makes it mystical and alluring.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays, Raine! And just in time to warn us about those full moons.
    My TT this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-lv

    ReplyDelete