Sunday, April 12, 2015

Shelf Candy Sunday: Michael Wagner

This Sunday's Shelf Candy recognizes Michael Wagner's epic mystical covers for Michael Scott's series, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. 



I've been admiring these covers for years. I find them so charming that I keep getting tempted to buy the books, even though I've read the jacket descriptions, the online descriptions, and even a chapter without feeling interested. The covers are just so dang mystical and spellbook-y, I can't resist. Bravo, Michael Wagner! Clearly he did his job well, as a cover is meant to lure readers in to discover the book's story. My only complaint is that the author's name kind of gets lost in this busy cover, and I personally think remembering the author's name is a pretty important part of being a reader. Aside from that, this is definitely a fantastic cover design. Maybe I'll buy the books and just pretend I have a bunch of spellbooks...oooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment